Thursday, June 27, 2013

Workshop One - 08/03/2013

The reflective practitioner

In this first workshop we learned what it is to be a reflective practitioner, what makes up quality reflection and why self reflection is important. I was interested to learn that a lot of people find it a challenge to be reflective. I think the challenge lies in taking what is often an inner monologue and dissecting it to discover how work can be adapted, altered and improved through this process.

I discovered that unknowingly, I have been reflective in almost every pursuit of my life and when it came time to put pen to paper I found it quite easy and straight forward to look at my work processes, decisions and areas of improvement. Releasing these thoughts not only offers a level of therapy but also a level of critical self analysis that can be used constructively. I understand how this process of self questioning and justification within the workplace can be beneficial in creating employees that are most likely going to be more open-minded to ideas and to the experiences of their cohort.

No comments:

Post a Comment