Thursday, June 27, 2013

Semester I - Concluding Remarks

Well, I've completed this semester and I have a lot of growing to do. Already I know that:
- I need to improve my commitment to assignment deadlines
- I need to re-work my resume in alignment with the suggestions provided by career development modules and industry professionals
- I need to use social media more effectively in networking and in becoming more involved in the LIS industry
- I need to get more comfortable in "putting myself out there" and sharing ideas

A personal professional development program for the next 2-5 years:

Year 1: Join ALIA
Year 2: Attend at least 3 lisprof conferences
Year 3: Read more industry based journals
Year 4: Conduct research into issues including GLAM, advocacy and measuring user needs 

Year 5: Teach others about the importance and value of the information management industry

Statement of career goals/ directions -

I need to get more serious about my future and future profession. I aim to carry out my personal professional development program, become a better networker and investigate the issues important to the LIS profession.  My peers and instructors are supportive and inspirational and it is through these mentors and my unwavering enthusiasm for information management that I hope to achieve my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment